Hey guys, this post is really important and I believe deep down in my heart that if you want to have a happy, healthy relationship you have to know all these and abide with them. I am not an expert but when you go through all these rules below then you would definitely thank me later. I have come to realize that both guys and ladies just jump into relationships and Fly out because they don’t know what they want or what they are doing. It might not be now but if you want your relationship or even your marriage to work out and you want to be genuinely happy then listen up;
1.Never stay with someone who antagonises you or belittles you: if your partner diminishes your self esteem rather than help your confidence grow, then run, because you are going to end up damaged.
2. If you feel lonely, you’re better off being alone: the whole point to being in a relationship is to have a friend and a partner. Someone that makes you feel alive and happy. If you are not getting that, it’s time to go.
3. Know when to walk away: some people love to hold on to things hoping it will get better, and that’s fine but if it doesn’t get better,move on.
4. You can gauge a person’s love for you by how they treat you when they are upset with you: some people would treat you like shit or hit you and stuff when they are pissed while some would still want to hold you and talk to you no matter how annoying you are. Be wise
5. Love is a verb, not a noun: it is an action word!!! Don’t just say it, show it
6. When a lightbulb goes out, you fix the lightbulb. You don’t get a new house: because there is a problem doesn’t mean you should just run away, fix it. You can’t always run when something is wrong in every relationship you are in
7. Don’t settle for someone who has zero regard for your feelings or wants just because you’ve been together a long time: i don’t care if y’all have been together for a century, your S.O has to make your feelings a priority.
8. Just because you love each other does not mean that you’re good together long-term: they can be right from Right now but it doesn’t mean they are the Right Person.
9. No relationship is perfect and there will be conflict. What matters is the desire to solve the problem.
10. Always fight the problem, not the other person. If you keep this in mind when arguing, you’ll be able to actually resolve the issue than be mad at each other.
11. Don’t look for a girl you want to treat like a princess, look for a girl you want to treat like a partner.
12. Don’t disparage your other half behind their back: don’t mock or ridicule your S.O
13. Confidence isn’t “I know she likes me”, confidence is “I’ll be okay whether she likes me or not.”
14. There are a number of people you can be compatible with. No one is perfect. You have to work at love.
15. You’re not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm: do t hurt yourself because you want to make someone happy.
16. Marry the one who gives you the same feeling you get when you see food coming at a restaurant: if you love junks like me, the smile I have plastered on my face is what I always want to have when I see my other half.
17. The grass is not greener on the other side, it’s greener where you water it: you have to grow and take care of your relationship. Nurture it.
18. Stop trying to find the right person and start trying to BE the right person: work on yourself, then the right person would find you
19. The person who cares least in the relationship has the most control.
20. Don’t fall in love with your waitress, hooker, or therapist
21. It’s better to be happy than to be right.
22. Always be the first to genuinely apologise after a fight:just bury the hatchet be the bigger person.
23. You can’t expect someone to love you when you can’t love yourself: self love people, you need to love yourself it is mandatory.
24. Just because you liked the friend-version of someone doesn’t mean you’ll like the relationship-version of them: it is a different ball game so think about it.
25. Don’t date a person based on mphysical attraction. If you date a person because he is hot or she got big boobs, what if she gets cancer and her boobs get cut off, what would you love then?
26. Don’t be afraid to open up and be vulnerable. Vulnerability can bring you closer together and strengthen the two of you: you can’t act all strong and in control everytime. It’s okay to breakdown and ask for help.
27. When you and your other half are arguing, remember—it’s you and them VS the problem. Not you VS them.
28. Just because someone doesn’t love you the way you want them to doesn’t mean they don’t love you with all they have: people love different, it’s the effort that matters.
29. Don’t fall in love with someone’s potential: if they are likely to move on with someone else or they have feelings for someone else then don’t jump on that boat except you want to get dumped.
30. It takes two happy individuals to make a happy relationship: the word happy is key, happiness is contagious, so you have to work on you individual happiness and combine the forces.
31. If the world didn’t give each other second chances, we would all be single: give second chances. People find it difficult to do e.g me but just remember at a point someone ha e you a second chance too.,mostly important balsams give love a second chance.
32. Everyone is searching for the perfect person, but no one is trying to be the perfect person.
33. If you love the memories more than the relationship, it’s time to move on. You need to always create new memories, happier ones. But if all you do is “remember that time” then it’s time to go.
34. Just because a person is right or perfect for you, you may not be the right one for them.
35. If it’s broken, fix it. If you’ve lost count of how many times it’s broken, or the cost of repair far outweighs the initial outlay, throw it away and move on: if you have tired you best and things are not getting better, then move on
36. Out of all the things needed for a successful relationship, love barely makes the top 5. Honesty, loyalty, trust, and communication all have to be there.
37. Always hold hands when talking about the hard stuff. It helps to keep the negative emotions in check & shows you care.
38. Be the man or woman you would want your future or current child dating: would I want my son to date some like Me? If my answer is wrong them am doing something wrong.
39. Love is about appreciation, not possession: you don’t own or control love or your other half.
40. Don’t go to bed angry. Everything will be there and worse in the morning.
41. Always seduce your lover, even if you are in a committed relationship. Otherwise, another person will: because you know he/she loves doesn’t mean you should get boring. Spice things up, be romantic and fun. Because if they get bored they someone is coming to entertain them.
42. If she threatens to leave, help her pack her bags.
43. Keep no secrets, tell no lies.
44. Sometimes you gotta wise up and let go. Yes, it hurts. But it’ll hurt more in the future: some say he would change or she would change; what if they don’t?
45. Relationships aren’t hard. If it is hard, you are probably with the wrong person: you guys are supposed to just Click.
46. Love is not a feeling. Feelings fade, change, respond to situations and events. Love is a choice.
47. If it feels wrong at the beginning, it probably won’t get better.
48. If you’re keeping score you’ve already lost: don’t hold onto everything your S.O does. Let go.
49. Love is an action, not a feeling. It’s learned and developed skill, not an experience. Not that the romantic feeling doesn’t exist or isn’t a wonderful part of the relationship, but it doesn’t make it last.
50. If it is purely physical then it is not love. If your partner can’t do without having sex, what if something happens and I can’t do anything for 2 month, he would definitely find a substitute.